Aiming to promote racial, religious, ethnic, national, cultural, methodological, and ideological diversity within its student body, the Master of International Business program at Universidad EAFIT in Medellin, Colombia, will offer one merit-based scholarship to a candidate recommended by an academic member of the UNCTAD Virtual Institute.
Research proposals and applications must be received no later than November 11.
EAFIT's Master in International Business (MIB) offers advanced studies in the areas of firm internationalization, international relations, and international conflict management, and an option for a research-oriented study mode responding to an increased demand to train consultants, researchers, and lecturers in international business in Latin America.
The MIB is designed, first and foremost, for graduates of international business undergraduate programs. All courses are offered in English, and students will be required to provide language proficiency certification upon entry.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees for the program and for Spanish language classes. Covering studies beginning in January, 2012, the scholarship will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis upon satisfactory completion of the previous semester.
The selection of the recipient will be based on previous academic results, work/life experience, English language certification, clarity of the proposed research project, and diversity enhancement.
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Two- page research project proposal in English
- Official undergraduate transcripts (scanned) -- Candidate must graduate prior to December 31, 2012
- Translation into Spanish or English of undergraduate transcripts if the original is in any language other than English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- First page of the passport
- English language certification - see http://www.eafit.edu.co/programas-academicos/posgrado/mib/Paginas/admission-inscription.aspx for a list of accepted language exams
For more information, visit the MIB website.